What is VAT Relief?
1. VAT Relief for the disabled is a government scheme which allows consumers with a disability or a long-term illness to be exempt from paying VAT on products designed or adapted for their own personal or domestic use.
2. In short, if the criteria mentioned below are met, you will not be charged VAT on most of the products you buy on our website.
Which products qualify for VAT Relief and which products doesn't?
1. Products qualify for VAT Relief if they have been designed and manufactured for the sole purpose of helping people with disabilities.
2. If a product is made for general purposes and not to assist a person with a disability, then they will not qualify for VAT relief and VAT will be added on your way to checkout.
What qualifies you (the consumer) for VAT Relief?
1. You are chronically sick or disabled.
2. You are buying the products for your own personal or domestic use or if the products are bought on your behalf.
You qualify as being chronically sick or disabled if:
1. You have a physical or mental impairment which is long-term and substantial.
2. You have a condition that the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness.
3. You have a terminal illness.
4. Common examples of chronic disabilities include (but are not limited to); Alzheimer's, any form of dementia, Parkinson's, arthritis, blindness, deafness, physical disability.
5. Temporary disabilities such as broken bones, or even postoperative confusion, are not classed as chronic disabilities or impairment.
What are we (fenmobility.com) responsible for?
1. We have to ensure that all products we offer for VAT Relief comply with HMRC rules.
You can find out more information on the HMRC website under Notice 701/7, or by calling HMRC’s helpline on 0300 200 3300.